Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, Seminole Genealogy
Speciality Areas include the Southeastern States of TN,GA, AL, MS, NC and
Indian Territory, now present day Oklahoma.
* Research all Five Tribes beginning with the Dawes Roll which determines eligibility
for tribal registration and citizenship.
* Prepare application forms and documentation for registration.
* Research all records previous to the Dawes Roll to determine five tribes
heritage within one's Lineage.
* Research and prepare applications for First Families of the Cherokee Nation.
Training and Experience:
* Twenty plus years of history and genealogy research in Indian Roll Records, Census
Records, Claims/Payment Records, Missionary Records and Military Records.
* Served as Volunteer Researcher in the Genealogy Department of the Cherokee Heritage Center,
Tahlequah, OK, 1993 - 1995
* Alumnus of Intermediate Genealogical Research Seminar, Brigham Young University,
Provo, Utah; National Institute on Genealogical Research, National Archives, Washington, D.C.
Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research, Samford University, Birmingham, AL.
* Earned Bachelors and Master of Education Degrees, Oklahoma State University,
Stillwater, OK and Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, La.
* Experienced Speaker and published writer.
* National Trail of Tears Association and Past Member of the Board of Directors
of the Oklahoma Chapter of Trail of Tears which encompasses all five tribes.
* Cherokee National Historical Society and Past Member of the Board of
* Cherokee Cultural Society of Houston and Past Member of the Board.
* Association of Professional Genealogists
* Clayton Library Friends
* Houston Genealogical Forum
For Further Information Contact:
Marjorie J. Lowe
P.O. Box 19878
Houston, Tx 77224
W.W. Keeler and Cherokee Renewal